1056 Miles on Saturday

Buehrle, Michael Michael.Buehrle at ottawa.ca
Tue Jul 31 11:54:22 PDT 2007

To make matters even worse the VTX has obviously been detuned to meet emissions or not overpower it's 800 lb. chassis or both. I have not perused the vtx message boards but I'm sure with a good set of pipes and some fuel system remapping there is more power to be had. It's certainly not slow but it feels like there's something missing from the 1800 cc's on tap.
It was a beautiful day and I got to ride but I still just "don't get" the cruiser concept. On the design sheet it seems that functionality and performance are an afterthought but form and style are first criteria.

Mike