I'd rather be riding

Bob Sims bob.sims at us.army.mil
Sun Jun 10 22:57:49 PDT 2007

> I am going to pull out the jets and diaphrams and blow carb
> cleaner through all of the passages and make sure everything
> is clear. I think this will fix the problem.

Bill,

How many miles do you have on your GPZ?  Are you certain that your plugs,
plug wires, and caps are all in good shape?

I spent over a year trying to diagnose my poorly-idling GPZ, always
suspecting carb problems, only to finally discover that the plug wires were
disintergrating into green dust inside the plug caps at the end of the wire.

> Any advice before I start (and have to resort to saying bad
> words and stomping around)?
> I'm most worried about getting the aircleaner boots back on properly.

It has been a while since I did it, so I'm hoping others can share the best
correct technique.  However, you are well founded in your concern --
double-check that the air intake boots are on securely.

HTH.

Bob
www.twowheelsburning.com