I'd rather be riding

Bob Sims bob.sims at us.army.mil
Sun Jun 10 22:57:49 PDT 2007

> I am going to pull out the jets and diaphrams and blow carb
> cleaner through all of the passages and make sure everything
> is clear. I think this will fix the problem.

How many miles do you have on your GPZ?  Are you certain that your plugs,
plug wires, and caps are all in good shape?

I spent over a year trying to diagnose my poorly-idling GPZ, always
suspecting carb problems, only to finally discover that the plug wires were
disintergrating into green dust inside the plug caps at the end of the wire.

> Any advice before I start (and have to resort to saying bad
> words and stomping around)?
> I'm most worried about getting the aircleaner boots back on properly.

It has been a while since I did it, so I'm hoping others can share the best
correct technique.  However, you are well founded in your concern --
double-check that the air intake boots are on securely.