Rider down at Durango

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Jun 25 06:19:14 PDT 2007

No, not Jeff.

Chuck Driscoll went down outside of Ouray on the way down
Thusday.  I don't know all of the details, but I know he
went over the bars and broke several ribs, puctured a lung
and broke his collar bone not to mention beating up his
knees and knuckles pretty badly.

We rode over to see him after Friday's ride and were able
to take his gear over to him and got his bike out of the
wrecking yard and over to the local dealers where it could
be stored until he can make arrangements to get it back to
Montana.  It's rideable and will be back on the road
eventually.

Rob and Michelle Schwartz visited him on Saturday morning
and he was in pain, but good spirits.  He should eventually
make a full recovery, but he will be a hurting unit for a
while.

Our best wishes to him for a quick and full recovery.

Those of us who rode back to Denver are headed up to Rocky
Mountain National Park this morning and we'll post more
aabout the rally tonoght.

Charles
S.