Weepy check-valve gasket? (take 2)

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:47:13 PDT 2007

*Allright, time to try this again with a fresh perspective... also a test of
the image linking that the list does.*

No, it's not sad, but it makes me a little...

Take a look at the attachment (hopefully it shows...). My Geeper has
been weeping oil from around this critter for quite a while, and it's
time to fix it (too many cracks from Harley friends about 'marking
territory'). Figure I might as well do it along with the pre-season
oil change.

Anyway... is there something special that makes this more than a
regular gasket? Only rated for a certian pressure? Something? The
neutral switch sender that plugs in there seems to be functional, so
I'm thinking the gasket is just aged. I'm sure it's still stock, so it
wouldn't suprise me if it finally gave up the ghost.

Any insight? Seems pretty piddly, but it's one of those little nagging
things that irks. And If I need something special that I can't source
elsewhere than Mama Kaw, I don't want to tear it apart without parts
in hand.

Don in GJ