Worn clutch?

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Tue May 1 11:42:14 PDT 2007

Hello john,

I replaced my clutch at 45K miles.  It didn't seem as grabby as when the bike was newer.  Needles to say, the new clutch didn't grab that much better.

Also, the friction plates had a TON of material left.  I could of easily got another 45K more miles out of it.  Oddly enough, I beat the crap out of the bike more in its old age than in its youth.  Still no slippage.

Depending on your riding style, as another lister member mentioned, 100K is quite possible.  I don't think the clutch will go out all at once, there should be signs of slippage at first.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com