Two Questions

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 19:51:23 PDT 2007

1: What kind of mileage do you guys get with your GPZ? I was expecting about 43mpg when I bought the bike, but have only gotten about 35 in three tanks of gas.

2: The dash display started doing some weird things yesterday. The speedometer and tachometer work just fine, but the fuel gauge and temp gauge are both pegged, and obviously shouldn't be. In addition the turn signals indicate in reverse. I turn the signal on to go left and it flashes to the right. This is only on the dash display, the actual signal to the other drivers works just fine. All of these three problems are interconnected and intermittent. Sometimes the dash works just fine and other times all three problems show up at the same time. Finally I can sometimes get the dash to work normally by pressing the horn or the hazard button. After this the dash to work fine for a minute or two and then return to the messed up state. Anyway, anyone know what is going on here?

thanks,

-Jeff
Jeffrey R. Markham
Digital Designer