clutch replacement...

schnowz schnowz at
Tue May 8 17:05:28 PDT 2007

 If i understand you correctly and as a lazy bastid who does the minimum
possible, I'd check your hydraulics first. My experience is that up to a
point hydraulic systems are somewhat self adjusting for wear. Make sure your
master cylinder isn't acting as a check valve. It could do what you
describe, if it isn't letting the fluid back to the master cylinder after
releasing the lever. Some bikes have a weep hole in the master cylinder that
takes care of fluid expansion in the line/slave cylinder(not sure about the
Geeper) If it gets clogged you have a check valve..
  The original clutch is pretty robust..unless you have bathed it in some
shitty synthetic slick snot..

     Pete S

Make > From: "James Keefover" <jkeefover at>