k&n air filter

Larry Zoia phezanthawk at wowway.com
Tue May 15 14:07:51 PDT 2007

> Larry
> This is a mod I've been contemplating for quite awhile. I'd be interested
> to hear more about the performance benefits and/or consequences you've
> noticed since making the change.
>
> Dave B

We must understand that my perception of performance gains is by the
seat-of-the-pants dyno.
This is also contributed to by more intake noise...kinda
like taking the air filter off my dad's 1963 Pontiac Bonneville.

I can assure you that there is improvement.  I suppose
a dyno run would be necessary to quantify the improvement, and I suspect
somebody out there has
already done this.

I also have dropped a tooth on the countershaft sprocket, but that was done
long before the intake mod.

It seems it may have lost a little grunt below 4k rpm, but the midrange and
high end are definitely substantially stronger.

Still, all the R&D has been done.  I just followed Mr. Northrup's
instructions, and I was good to go.

Larry in Michigan