Crosswind sensitive GPZ - update

Ped pedmail at dbmail.dk
Thu May 17 10:27:29 PDT 2007

About a month ago I wrote about my GPZ becoming sensitive to crosswinds
from the left all of a sudden. Bob and others pointed my attention
towards the carb vent hoses. Since I hadn't messed with anything in that
area during winter maintenance I thought "Probably not it, but what the
heck, I'll go and have a look". Well, I did find the left hose slightly
out of position. It was actually out on the side of the airbox and not
behind the frame where it should be. I moved  the hose about one and a
half inch back into position and thought again "Probably not it, a
little misplacement couldn't have that much effect...?" Well, today was
the first day I had the chance to go out into a very fresh westerly 25
knots wind and test the advice. And YES!!! - the problem was gone!
Thanks Bob and others - this list is a goldmine when you run out of ideas.

Why did it turn up all of a sudden then, when I hadn't touched that hose
during winter maintenance? Well, last autumn I fixed the overcharge
problem by installing a relay and some wires in just that area, and it
was probably back then the carb vent hose came out of position. I just
didn't realize the problem because the right wind conditions were not
there the last couple of weeks before going into winter hibernation.

Thanks again!

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark