Heading to Durango tomorrow

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Thu May 24 10:37:24 PDT 2007

Looks like I'm going to leave work early tomorrow and ride
the Geeper to Grand Junction and then ride highway 141 down
to Silverton and Durango on Saturday.  Got to get in riding
shape and I want to check out the road conditions before
the Fandango (only 4 weeks away).

Anyone need me to look up hotels or anything else while I'm
in Silverton?  I'll talk to my friend Pete in Silverton and
then to head to Durango to hopefully see another college
friend, Jeff.  Jeff was involved in a head on collision
about 6 weeks ago and seriously injured when the other
driver crossed the center line.  The only thing that saved
him was that he was in a Ford F-250 and the car that hit
him was a Subaru whose driver died on impact.  Tough
situation...

I'll probably stay in Pagosa Springs or South Fork Saturday
night and head home via 149 to Gunnison and 285 home.  If
I'm feeling good I may detour north from Buena Vista and
take Highway 24 from Leadville to Minturn which is a really
nice ride that I rarely get to take.  I should be home for
dinner Sunday evening.

Charles S.