OEM prices

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Sat Nov 10 22:05:39 PST 2007

Hey Bill..

No, I appreciate the info and it is not taken the wrong way at all..  But
like Jim M. said, I live in Canada, Kelowna British Columbia.  While a very
nice place we don't have access to a lot of chains you have south of us.  No
PEP Boys, Targets, etc. etc..  and if we were to compare your local Sears to
what I have access too here I am sure it would make you cry!..   ;-)

Even the chains like Canadian Tire that do carry (advertise that they do
anyway) parts and accessories for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, etc.  It
is often just one isle in the store that is mostly stocked with covers, and
a scattering of a few filters, plugs, etc. but NO reference charts.

Having this list you provided (Thanks), I might have some more success going
into the NAPA chain, at least I can tell them the part number to order.

We are having a crisis in this area for the past few years with staffing.
There are more jobs than people to do them.  The result, anything that does
not pay very good money or better gets the left over's or the very young
that just don't know or just don't care about the job, the customer, etc.
Getting someone to look in a catalogue for cross reference vs. the "if we
have it, it is on the shelf over there" comment with the hand swinging in
the air and have any confidence they actually know what they are doing is
not high.

Admittedly there is a bit of laziness on my side too.  I don't often have
much time to source out this type of stuff.  If the cost of it exceeds $20 I
make more of an effort, otherwise it is pay the price so I can get it done
in the little bit of time I have for the job.

Thanks again for the part numbers.  That list is going into my Service
Manual for future reference.

Cheers..

Paul W. Landry
P_Landry at telus.net