OEM prices

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Nov 12 06:38:44 PST 2007

I just called Cobden Auto (Car Quest) they don't carry that filter but Bruce
said it was $8.81, then I called NAPA in Pembroke a 4941 if I want one is
$13.49 and this is in Canadian funds (the good stuff at the moment).  The
only person I know that got a good deal on an oil filter here was Stu Gratto
when he picked up an NOS filter for his 73 Z1 900 at CTC for $1.25.  It had
probably been there since 1973 and since it was tagged and not bar coded he
got it for that.  That would have been a mean price in 1973 as factory wages
in this area were at $2.50/hr.
I should have bought a couple of filters in VT and a couple of gallons of
oil.  I think we're getting ripped off here.