Worn Petcock

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Nov 13 12:29:15 PST 2007

Jeff,

I researched this a few years ago and found out the only
difference in the OEM petcocks is one O-ring. Kawasaki
apparently changed the material to help ward off the
leakage problems they'd been having.

If you wanted a manual petcock, there are options out
there, including replacing the petcock with one from a ZZR-
1200, it's manual and a bolt on.  However, obviously the
reserve amount will change.  I know lister Samir Powar did
this conversion.

Charles S. - Wow! Two messages in a day!