Canadian Maritimes

James Cherolis jaciii at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 18 03:06:22 PST 2007

Got a buddy just came up from a KLX250s to a WeeStrom and dearly loves
it - thinks he bought a gold wing.

The 650 class bikes are great for extended travel so long as you don't
have a lot of super slab. The 650's will do it just fine, but the
fellas on the GS's will  have a cruising speed around 80 to 85. Of
course, on that 900 unpaved mile stretch you'll run of and leave them.
I rode from the bluegrass to OBX and back this past summer on the KLR
and what little high speed riding there was would have been better
spent on  my GS1150, but the beach riding would have been impossible
(DEEP sand).

Half a dozen of one, six of another.

All that said, you really can't go wrong with a well set up KLR; tank
panniers, better screen, hand guards, tool tube, sheepskin,
radiator/tank guards, gps, hula girl...

JACIII