New Bike for a newby

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Oct 22 14:03:46 PDT 2007

Folks,

I'm trying to assist a friend who is wanting buy get back
into bikes after a multi-decade absence.  I have no idea
about his riding skills, but he's a very level headed type
and old like me.  ;-)

He's wanting to find a bike he can get comfortable with and
maybe eventually get his wife on the back, but this isn't
mandatory. The ability to go down a dirt road is appealing
to him, but he's not looking for a dirt bike as such.  I
can think of a few bikes, but would like some input from
others.  Any suggestions??

Kawasaki KLR-650
Suzuki DL-650

Charles S. - Who bought his first BMW Saturday.
Car that is,
LOL!