Spencerseats

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 10 13:23:43 PDT 2007

I had my stock seat modified by Spencerseats. This guy takes your stock seat and hollows it out from the bottom and refills it with different material to achieve your desired results. I sent it out last week and got it back in about a week. He's fast, he answers emails very quickly and his end result of the seat looks pretty much identical to stock since he reuses the stock cover. I haven't ridden on it yet but I can tell by sitting on it that there's a significant difference. Before, the forward lean of the seat would keep sliding me toward the tank and put too much force on my arms. Now, I feel like I'm sitting back more. The effect is achieved by sitting on it. When not sitting on it, the seat retains it stock shape. It's wierd, I know, but effective. And, it was a measly $90 to modify both driver and passenger areas plus shipping, which you pay for both ways. It pays to use as small a box as possible. He says the proof is in the riding. He says ride it to the point of
 when you would get uncomfortable before the mod and then longer, and that's when you'll really notice the difference. I'll let you all know how that goes when I get a good ride in. All in all, I believe he's really got something here that many more should consider looking into. I'd take pics and show you, but it just looks like a stock seat so there's not much point in that. Also, I've learned that he probably will be getting into doing recovers for you if you want, so if you want a different look than stock, he may be able to help out with that in the future as well.