flush mount LED directionals

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Wed Sep 12 06:23:59 PDT 2007

blackbear at frontiernet.net wrote:

> They do look good, but one thing I noticed is that my dash indicators
> and rear directionals are now blinking at twice normal speed.  I was
> under the impression from their instructions that no resistor was
> needed, that these were "plug-n-play".

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering how the Protons would be able to
modulate the rest of the system electronically and so the answer is
"They don't". They just take care of themselves...

> For anyone on list that also has these, did the rest of the directional
> system speed up for you?  Are there any recommendations on how to "fix"
> this so everything blinks at the same rate?

There's a resistor solution available from, well basically everywhere.

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CA&Category_Code=RESISTORS

My local dealer had one back when I just swapped my rears for small 5
Watts and I kept it in when I installed the Protons. Took a bit of
head-scratching to install as it only had three leads. :-)

(Hint: The two blinkies have a common ground.)

     / Richie