Oil Pan cracked at oil plug

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 11:26:47 PDT 2007

Don't buy a new oil pan. Any oil pan from a '94 and later ZZR1100 (ZX11 here
in the States) will fit. There's plenty of them out there. As for the crack,
I would try and pack it with something, a quick set epoxy or some RTV
temporarily. The hard part is going to be getting the crack clean enough for
something to stick to it while there's oil in the pan. Then I would probably
afix some sort of absorbent material (like a "diaper" or maybe one of the
wife's MaxiPads 8^O) over that part of the oil pan and change it every so
often to keep the oil off the underside of the bike and the rear tire.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
"You Can't Fix Stupid", Ron White