Throttle cable routing?

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:19:09 PDT 2007

Ok, this is gonna sound stupid, but which side of the steering head are your
trottle cables routed on? Noticed the other day that the grip was taking way
too much effort to turn, so I pulled it all apart, lubed the cables,
regreased the throttle sleeve, then when reassembling, it seemed like there
just wasn' tenough cable to easily reattach to the throttle housing... so I
pulled them through and routed on the right side of the steering head and
buttoned her up.

OMFG. All of a sudden, I have to be WAY careful in traffic, since it's TOO
easy to grab a big handful and ride like a squid. I'm sure the old old
grease under the throttle sleeve wasn't helping, but I get the feeling that
I may have had a bound up cable, making it way hard to turn. Maybe some damn
fool routed them on the wrong side of the steering head...

Don in GJ