Rebuilding the Carbs

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at
Fri Sep 28 10:52:57 PDT 2007

My problem is pinging. Part of the cause was my own riding style. When I first got the bike I was lugging the engine. You guys helped me to correct that behavior so now I don't experience pinging very often. Yesterday however I decided to give it full throttle in 3rd gear at about 3800rpm. It pinged all the way through 5000rpm. In addition to this, the idle flutters about 200rpm in either direction (I've dialed in the pilot jets to 2.5 turns). I've synced the carbs, adjusted the valves and tried Techron, all to no avail. Perhaps the better approach would be to just remove the carbs and check all of the settings, float, jets, etc. to see if they are in factory spec before I attempt to actually rebuild them
  Thanks for the help,

1KPerDay <1kperday at> wrote:
  I've cleaned crud out of them... dunno about rebuilt. Getting them on
and off was the hardest part. What exactly is your bike doing? Have
you synced the carbs, ajusted the valves, etc? Have you tried a bottle
of techron?

On 9/28/07, Jeffrey Markham wrote:
> Has anyone in the group ever rebuilt their carbs? If so, how much trouble was it?
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.