Rebuilding the Carbs

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Fri Sep 28 11:09:54 PDT 2007

Hello Jeffrey,

Are you running premium in the bike, have you tried a different brand of fuel?  Is there an ignition advancer installed.  FWIW, I've always ran premium in the bike.  The few times I experienced pinging was when running mid or low grade fuel after installation of the ign advancer.  I believe running too lean can cause pinging as well.  In the 11 years I had the bike, the only fuel change was FACTORY brand needles.  All the jets were original at 80K miles.

I don't think 3800 rpm is lugging the engine, it is a transitional rpm.

Good luck

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com