Front end rattle

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Tue Apr 8 20:32:53 PDT 2008

OK, well it looks like I may have jumped the gun somewhat.  I loosened off every clamp & nut (including the stem locking rings) I could find on the front end last night, then went through and methodically tightened them all.  Worked a treat - no more death rattle.  I think that when the exploratory work was done to find my electrical gremlin a month or two back, the mechanic may have not tightened everything back up completely.  Either that or something was binding rather than being properly tight, and worked loose over the intervening time.

Either way, it all seems OK now, so I'm a happy camper once again.  Now I just have to buy and fit new shifter and counterbalancer shaft seals, and change the oil/filter, and she'll be good to go through winter.

Thanks to all who responded.

Simon.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?