Idiot Season

Rob Schwartz coldinvt at gmavt.net
Tue Apr 15 19:45:42 PDT 2008

+1 Jeff.

VT state law allows 2-abreast riding, with faster vehicles only allowed to
pass when they have clear line-of-sight to complete the pass.  Many cyclists
enforce this position, taking 1/2 of the already narrow road's shoulderless
right lane.  The problem is that drivers/riders often decide to make a pass
even though the path of travel is not entirely visible.  That puts them in
an oncoming lane where a motorcyclist might be riding.  Should the cyclists
ride single-file?  I think so.  Should drivers be better-informed about this
law?  Yes.  Either way, stay away from the centerline on those blind
corners!

Cyclists that run lights and stop signs - now we have a problem.  If they
want to be treated equally, they need to behave equally.

Rob - riding in VT!