Idiot Season

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Tue Apr 15 20:29:52 PDT 2008

 << Ralph, you should try riding a bicycle sometime to see what it's really
like when they're all out to get you.  I've had cars swerve twelve feet out
of their way just to run me off the edge of the shoulder.  Trust me,
bicyclists don't have the monopoly on stupidity.  Cagers and motorcylists
are just as guilty of it.  I saw a guy riding a Hardley last week talking on
a cell phone.  That's smart.  Operating a vehicle with ones head extracted
from one's @$$ isn't the sole responsibility of the operator of the less
powerful and unprotected vehicle.  If that were the case, I'd be driving a
cement truck. >>

re-read my post Dave, I've done plenty of bicycling. The safety of the
person Operating a vehicle with less power and unprotected is THAT persons
responsibility. If some idiot in a car swerves at you and hurts you or
worse, all the yelling and screaming in the world is not going to help you
in any way shape or form you'll still be the one lying on the ground. Every
vehicle operator, no matter what it is is responsible for their own safety.
If someone is on a bicycle with an Ipod strapped to his head blaring away,
and he never hears that car behind him whose driver is on the cell phone and
she runs him over, yeah she was in the wrong, but was the guy riding the
bicycle obliviously any less responsible for his own accident because he
wasn't paying attention and relied on "Oh they'll see me." like so many
motorcyclists often do? I'm not saying bicyclists are stupid, not at all,
but just like in motorcycling we have idiots who obnoxiously believe that
everyone should watch out for them and not the other way around.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com
Check out
LIMELongriders NEW site;