Idiot Season

Dave King oldfr8dog at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 20:11:46 PDT 2008

Let's keep this real.  Nobody said that bicyclists don't have to be responsible or courteous.  We said that they have as much right (read priviledge) to be out there as any other vehicle, and by "out there" I don't mean doing 15 mph on the interstate.  There are plenty of places where it's safe and appropriate to ride, and many that are not.  Don't pass judgement on all bikers based on the stupidity of a few.  However you may feel about bicycles, rest assured that with fuel prices going ever higher, we're going to be seeing a lot more of them.

  Ralph, you should try riding a bicycle sometime to see what it's really like when they're all out to get you.  I've had cars swerve twelve feet out of their way just to run me off the edge of the shoulder.  Trust me, bicyclists don't have the monopoly on stupidity.  Cagers and motorcylists are just as guilty of it.  I saw a guy riding a Hardley last week talking on a cell phone.  That's smart.  Operating a vehicle with ones head extracted from one's @$$ isn't the sole responsibility of the operator of the less powerful and unprotected vehicle.  If that were the case, I'd be driving a cement truck.