Idiot Season

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Tue Apr 15 19:17:37 PDT 2008

Hey guys did you read   "They can drive right down the middle of their
lane if they are so foolish to do so. Though it would be to
their health benefit to ride to the side"  You all are right. The
stupid ones ride out in the lane.  Mn. road book suggests that only
two bicyclist ride side by side on the right hand side of the road.
If a group ride  (peliton) take up a whole lane they are asking for
trouble.  You are also correct in saying that riding(bike or
bicyclist) or doing whatever, healthcare, etc. is  a privilege and not
a right.  But please don't think all bicyclist as bad.  Cut the decent
ones some slack on the road, politely try to educate the bad ones.  We
both have what you could say is an identity problem.   I think the
scooters are going to have a bigger problem do to there size and
speed. Faster than  a bike but can't keep up with the flow of traffic
in many areas and you get all kinds of inexperienced people riding
those.