Ruby is almost gone.

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Apr 28 15:29:24 PDT 2008

I took a down payment on the old girl today.  I'll be sad to see her go.  I
wasn't getting any bites at all and I parked her and the Triumph on the
front lawn.  I'll have to call 3 prospective buyers now and tell then
they're SOL.
Next week I'll try to get a list of parts and accesories for sale.
I took the V Strom out for a 300 km run through dueling banjo country
yesterday.  Some of the back roads are pretty trecherous with a heavy film
of sand on the asphalt.  It was a nice easy cruise following the Madawaska
River from near its junction with the Ottawa to the point it flows out of
Kamaniskeg Lake at Combermere.  I went to my wife's brother Graham's 4000 sq
ft summer home on the river.  There was no one there so I stripped to my
shorts sat on his deck in the sun and enjoyed the lunch I'd packed along.
On the way home I stopped at a log chute that has been rebuilt on a normally
small stream.  This was a method of moving logs around some difficult river
section in this case a jumble of boulders.  I had never been there with the
spring run-off at its peak.  There is normally a little trick of water
coming down the chute and the same through the rocks.  Now the rock area is
a set of raging rapids and the water flow in the chute is 4 feet wide and 3
feet deep and shooting at least 15 feet out into the air before it hits the
pond 6 feet below.