New sprockets and chain

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:12:26 PDT 2008

So-

Anyone know of a sprocket manufacturer that does other than stock sizes both front and rear?

I found a place that sells JT Sprockets, quite a selection on the rear, but only offers the stock 17 tooth front size.

would kind of like to play around with dropping a tooth or 2 on the front.

Also, perhaps my memory is bad. I seem to recall hearing something many years ago that altering one of the 2 is hard on the bike. Can't recall if the dude said altering the front was harder or if he said the rear. Anyone have experience in this?
If you have to play around, it safer to do just 1 of the 2 or will altering the gearing not really mess much up? (other than mpg, and I don't care about that. Anything better than my 11 mpg diesel is still a treat.)Regards- Jonathon Jay "Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." - Lillian Hellman> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:21:24 +0200> From: richie at webhackande.se> To: gpzlist at micapeak.com> Subject: Re: New sprockets and chain> > Jonathon Jay wrote:> > > Speaking of spockets, what effect does using the sizes you reccomended have?> > I thought you'd never ask. ;-)> > http://www.gpz1100.com/sprockulator.html> > > / Richie