New sprockets and chain

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:27:28 PDT 2008

Generally if you go much SMALLER than stock on the front, it's harder
on the sprocket and the chain, because fewer teeth and a smaller
diameter have to perform the work/load, and the chain has to turn a
sharper corner. Larger than stock in the front (if the chain will
clear the cover) is no problem as far as wear is concerned, but the
engine may "lug" a bit more and you might have to slip the clutch a
bit more. Perhaps that's what the dude was talking about. Probably no
real impact on engine or clutch wear going up one tooth in front, IMO.

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100