She no go - update

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sun Feb 3 20:14:22 PST 2008

Simon,

Good luck on either fixing your GPZ or getting something else.  I love my 95
GPZ but have only had it for 2 years now.  I had an 88 ZX10 Ninja which I
had from new to when I sold it 1 year ago.  My experience with a lot of
different bikes including Nortons, is that my ZX10 had some of the worst
electrical problems of any bike I owned, including the Nortons!  I could
usually fix them, but heck, coils going bad, intermittent CDI units, bad
ignition switches, heck I wonder why I bought another Kawasaki.  BUT, I LOVE
my 95 GPZ1100 and I tend to think as it re-uses a lot of earlier Kawasaki
parts, the engineers would have figured out the weak points.  That's what
I'm hoping at least, so I would go with another Kawasaki like the ZX1200
based on the fact it  re-uses so many earlier components.  That's why I just
bought an 07 Chevy 4X4 because I had so little problems with my 04 that I
figured the same basic truck would have all of the bugs worked out.  That's
my $0.02 worth at least and I still LOVE my GPZ much more than the old ZX10,
but the ZX was a fine bike in it's time but the electrical problems became a
real pain in the neck in it's old age when I sold it with ~55K miles on it.

John

95 GPZ1100
03 Honda CBR600RR
76 Honda 750 (aka 836 AHRMA #787 Vintage racer)