Cold start problems

David Fallon davidinwa at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 16:31:16 PST 2008

Can you guys help with a little cold starting problem on my KZ750, 1980
model?  If not, can you help me find a group that is into the KZs?

At 40 degrees, this takes lots of cranking to finally get one and then
two cylinders firing; after that it will run by its self long enough to
get the other two cylinders to fire as well.  A few minutes warmup and
it is good to go.  Is this the normal behavior.

I know these years of bikes are all jetted lean and that makes it a
little tougher in the cold weather.

David Fallon
441