fork oil

blackgpz at rochester.rr.com blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 06:34:50 PST 2008

It's really a compromise. I have stiff springs, emulators/gold valve and thick oil (15w fork, 10w shock). The bike is very stable at racetrack speeds (80-140mph) but at 30 mph on unimproved city streets (or most roads in Vermont), the suspension action is quite stiff. Tune your suspension for the type of riding you want the bike to be best at and live with the rest. In stock form, the fork will benefit from thicker oil. I would bet the 12.5w blend would work well for you.

Steve