MPG

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Fri Jan 4 21:56:36 PST 2008

Yep, thats  me alright.   With the exception of a "strong" head or
crosswind (not including a tailwind which never seems to happen up
here) my bike will constantly gets  50-55 @ 75.   When I got the bike
a couple of years ago the previous owner had a jet kit in and pipe on
and it ran like crap.   I pulled it all off this last spring, cleaned
and overhauled, synched the carbs, adjusted the valves, and walla.
This was a Ca bike and all the pollution control stuff was pulled by
the previous owner.  I also try to burn only non-oxygenated fuels.
I know it make a huge difference in my jetski, snowmobiles .  My kids
go to college (the fighting Sioux, UND) 210 miles from home and I have
made numerous trips to visit them this last year.  Leave with a full
tank and fill up when I get there.  The Interstate is near by, put the
throttle lock on and don't stop until I get there.

I really don't want to sell the bike but I have a burning desire to do
some back road touring across Wy and also a trip to the Arctic
Circle.   So I am looking to get a KLR 650.  With 2 kids in college
and 2 other bikes to maintain I can't afford to maintain 4 bikes, so
something has to go.