more on MPG & carb settings

alisch80 at mchsi.com alisch80 at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 15 15:53:12 PST 2008

Ditto everything Steve wrote plus:
1) If you get the Dyno Jet carb kit (or any others I thinks) DON'T use the
diaphragm springs included.  Just reuse your stock diaphragm springs.  The kit
springs are too light letting the slide open too fast resulting in a major bog
when the throttle is opened.

2)  I have had very good performance using the #38 pilot jets.  I have the stock
air box, Dyno-Jet kit with #108 mains and the clip in the middle groove, stock
engine, V&H exhaust with louder baffle and I consistently get high 40s mpg.  The
#38s will almost eliminate the lean flat spot around 3-4k rpm without hurting
mileage.

Art in DM