She no go

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Fri Jan 18 18:05:37 PST 2008

I agree with that. Sounds like it's something that's effecting all 4
cylinders.
Have you checked the brown connector under the tank- it supplies power to
the fuse box including the iggy IIRC
With 2 plugs out it's not as much work for the starter and won't pull the
voltage down as far. So it may be enough voltage to get a weak spark. I
wouldn't count out the battery or battery connection either..I know that
normally if you have a bad battery it won't crank, but the GPZ iggy needs a
healthy voltage and can crap out before the starter if you have a weak
voltage and the ignition wires and plugs are'nt perfect condition. There is
also a voltage drop at the iggy switch which doesn't help, but they normally
go gradually and as Steve said if you switch on again they normally work  -
at least for a while..
 For what it's worth i set out from the house on a trip to the Adirondacks a
couple of years ago. I stopped 2 miles from the house and couldn't get it
started again. I checked everything  - it would crank fine but no fire. I
put on a new battery and Vroom I'm on my way..Though I know you say you
jumped it so provided you have good connections then it may not be your
problem..

  Pete Staniforth