Tire patching

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sun Jan 20 07:59:06 PST 2008

I've patched numerous bike and car tires over the years.  It seems easier
and faster to do it myself and I can usually do it on the bike or car w/o
removing the wheel.  I just use the plan sticky strip types found at auto
stores and get one with the BIG T-handle as it takes a lot to push the patch
through.  I also use rubber cement to really lubricate the patch and
insertion tool first to make it go in easier (I know, I know, sexual
connotations).  I've ran bike tires to the wear bars with patches and never
had one leak.  It does make the steel belt weaker in that one area so I
would avoid long speeds over 100mph ;-)