rplacing coils

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 23:18:29 PDT 2008

Hi folks
Today I tried to get my GPZ that I sold to a buddy who had not started it in more than 2 years working again.
Replaced the fuel in the tank,  pulled the carbs cleaned them out (Lord replacing dem carbs is still the mother of PITAs) and was just about to put all together again when I had a senior moment.
I plumb forgot  which coil went where. And I had lost my GPZ manual in Katrina.
So could somebody quickly tell me which coil (#1 and #4) or ( #2 and #3) goes on the left (when sitting on the bike)?
And also the wiring to the coils:  black, red, red, green (left to right?)
With this knowledge I hope to finish the job tomorrow after charging the battery and replacing the plugs.
Thanks in advance guys.
(I may buy back the Geeper before that Philistine lets it go totally south).
Randy in New Orleans