First ride after fork rebuild: brake funkiness + fork oil question

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 11:38:39 PDT 2008

Jeff,
     It's the calipers on the slide pins. Could be a little looseness of the
pads in the calipers as well. The DP pads in the Daytona "clunk"
considerably more than the EBC pads in the GPZ. SBS pads were the best in
the GPZ, because I only got a little "click" which was the calipers against
the floating pins. Another cause, though not common, is loose buttons
between the rotor and rotor hub.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i