HD plant lay offs.

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu Jul 10 11:07:08 PDT 2008

I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs.  Been in this situation too many
times in my life.  Companies fail, mines run out of salable ore.  I think I
helped lay waste to nearly 20 enterprises since my introduction to
employment at the age of 9 years.
Change the factories over to producing HD paraphernalia.  There are a couple
of HD dealerships that don't sell  or repair bikes, but only have several
for decoration amid the HD clothing and other bric a brac.  These are
apparently 2 of the most successful outlets.
Maybe they could knock off the rear cylinder, change over to diesel and sell
to the military once again.
I know my son in law was not amused when the oil pump (aluminum) fragged and
he required a $3000.00 engine rebuild in his Fatboy--ooo  '68 fatboy riding
a 01 fatboy, I'll have to remember that.  He would have been far better off
to have purchased a new pre 2000 twin cam engine (HD was selling them off
new at $4000.00 this past winter) with a 2 year warrantee and picking up
$1800.00 - $2000.00 for his done engine.