GPZList Digest, Vol 20, Issue 23

David Beard davidebeard at
Fri Jul 25 15:12:20 PDT 2008

I must agree with Phil. Email is cumbersome, especially if you have to
sort through digest mode. A forum based site is not perfect, but it's
there when you want to see it and not cluttering up your email when
you've got other things to do. I belong to several other forums and
visit them on a regular basis, and agree with Dave that I like to get an
email when a thread I am watching gets a post. However, I can ignore
sections that I am not interested in. I don't have to follow the same
old tire and oil threads if I don't want to.

Just my $.02 though. I appreciate the work that Dave has done on the
site over the years pro bono. Though I am no longer a GPZ owner, I enjoy
the list and the camaraderie of the listees.

Dave B