got new chain on

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 27 07:11:10 PDT 2008

Jeff,
     Were you able to compress and extend the fork tubes easily after you
changed the seals and put in the new oil? You should have done this to
"bleed" the forks. I don't remember what you did about springs but I have
the heaviest ones RaceTech offers and the ride is firm but not stiff (for
someone my size ;-)). Sounds like you have a binding issue. Do you have a
fork brace? Murph's works great but it is a real PIA to shim it just right
so it isn't causing any binding. If you have no fork brace, I would loosen
the lower triple clamp and the front axle, bounce the front end up and down
vigorously a few times and then tighten everything back up and see if it
works better for you.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i