What was I thinking ...

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Fri Jun 6 12:23:04 PDT 2008

Since getting the c14, I have absolutely no regrets about trading in the gpz.  I had some withdrawal the first few weeks.  I couldn't beat on the new bike like I did the old until it was broken in.  Also, I had to spend the time to actually try to keep the new bike clean.  This meant a good 2-3 hrs of detailing after each long weekend ride to get rid of as many bugs as possible.

Now, I don't miss the gpz at all.  The c14 is everything the gpz was and more.  More comfortable (esp since adding the corbin), better handling, more powerful (esp since getting rid of the secondary throttle plates and installing a pc3), better brakes, no chain to deal with, etc.

The gpz was a great bike for what it was, but the c14 really puts the sport into sport touring.

And best of all, no more oil leakage spots on the garage floor !!!

Maintenance on the new bike is a bitch... alas everything has a price.