major scrw-up

steven.jones at vaisala.com steven.jones at vaisala.com
Wed Jun 11 16:22:54 PDT 2008

Thanks, I hope you're right, but I fear it's more complicated than that.
There's a pattern of 6 or 8 tiny holes in the passage that the brass
plug goes into and the end of the plug has some grooves machined into it
and a small orifice in its side. My fear is this brass plug acts as a
sort of jetting device to customize the carb bodies to individual
models. It's hard to know 'cause you can't get these plugs out without
drilling them which alters the plug. What a bitch.

@micapeak.com
Cc: scapco at ecentral.com
Subject: RE: major scrw-up

I think you idea of plugging it with JB weld is good idea.  I'm not sure
what you drilled out, but I looked at my carbs and if they are on the
side,
it's probably either a plug for a pressed in jet or some type of casting
hole that needed to be plugged.  I don't want to drill mine out to see
what's under those ;-) so if you didn't drill any further than the cap
you
should be OK by sealing it up again.  JB Weld will withstand gas/oil and
there shouldn't be any real pressure behind it.  Good Luck.

John