need a little help with Hondas

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Fri Jun 13 14:12:26 PDT 2008

<<I've got a couple of old Honda 250s 1975 XL and a 1983 XLR.  After sitting
for a month or more the clutch plates on the '75 stick together.  As long as
I remember this it isn't too much of a problem.  The bikes are in a garage
on a hill so I just have to remember to start coasting down the hill before
I shift into first.  They usually free up when I hit 2nd gear hard or hit
3rd.  The bike does not see 100 miles a season, so I only change the oil
every 2nd year.  The '83 is the opposite.  The clutch doesnot seem to
release completely and it slips around 6000rpm. I have a gallon of Valvoline
Synpower 100% synthetic oil I was going to try in these.  Do any of you know
if this stuff is compatible with motorcycle clutches?  Or suggest any other
fixes.  Maybe sell the '83 to Buerhle.>>

So they are both Honda's? The best advice I can give you is find an empty
dumpster and push...

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com
Check out
LIMELongriders NEW site;