Questions: Pro-Oiler, Chain Recommendation, radar detector installation, List Archive?

D Peterson gpzzzzzer at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:14:07 PDT 2008

Jeff,

I have an Escort 8500 and use the clutch reservoir as a mounting point.  I should mention that I have the LSL bar conversion so I can not vouch for windshield clearance on a stock bike.  I use velcro for the mounting.  I had to remove the raised lettering from the clutch reservoir cover to get a good surface for the velcro to adhere to.  For this I used a scotch brite wheel and buffed it down to the unpainted aluminum.  I also run a GPS mounted over the center of the steering head bearing cover, and an XM radio mounted on the right handlebar riser.  Good luck with your mods.

Dennis
95 RED
Orem, UT USA> From: walkerjl at charter.net> To: gpzlist at micapeak.com> Subject: Questions: Pro-Oiler, Chain Recommendation, radar detector installation, List Archive?> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:18:57 -0800> > I've a couple of questions for the group:> > > 3) Where have people installed a radar detector? For the last 6 years,> I've been using a Bell cordless detector in the map pocket of my tank bag,> with a little speaker that is mounted inside my helmet. But I now have a> good Escort 8500 that I would like to install. I also have a GPS on a ram> mount that puts the GPS screen just in front of my tank bag, but doesn't> obstruct my view to the gages. I keep thinking maybe on top of the clutch> hydraulic reservoir, or maybe with this type of mount on the windscreen:> http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=SBRM >