The HIPAA Recreational Injury Technical Correction Act

Rob Schwartz coldinvt at
Thu Mar 20 06:17:04 PDT 2008

As I read it, the loophole already exists, allowing ins.cos. to deny
benefits based on circumstances surrounding an injury.  What we're hoping
for is that the referenced resolution is accepted to close that loophole.

Theiving insco. bastards...

-----Original Message-----
From: The Masons [mailto:masonjs at]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:10 AM
To: Rob Schwartz; Kawasaki GPZ1100 discussion
Subject: Re: The HIPAA Recreational Injury Technical Correction Act

This the basic bullshit reason they give us in Ontario why our motorcycle
insurance is so high on the organ donor I am riding.  Its $882.75 this year
for public liability & passenger hazard only---the bike has no coverage at
all.  A new 1000 V strom with every thing but collision or upset is $475.00.
I can only ride 6 months of the year.  Hell!! the insurance on my Tacoma is
2/3 of the bike and it has total coverage 3 million liability $100.00
deductible comprehensive and collision.
You'd be smart to fight this as the insurance companies will have a field
day with it.
And Rob--Please let me know if this does become law, as I'd like to invest
the last of my Rubles in your insurance firms.