chain

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:59:16 PDT 2008

I'm not sure if you're talking about the OEM chain or an aftermarket
one; if it's the OEM chain you'll have to either cut it off or buy a
"chain breaker" tool. There are several types, some that both break
the old chain and rivet the new one. There isn't a master link on the
OEM chain; it's endless and you're SUPPOSED to replace it with the
same type, and remove your swingarm in the process. Nobody does,
though. If you've got more than about 15K on your chain you should
probably replace it. I've got 23K on the OEM and it's definitely ready
for a replacement when I get some time. I have the new chain ready to
go.

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100