Weak charging?

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 12:46:46 PDT 2008

Steve,

Charge the battery to at least 12.6v and then do an alternator output test.
With a multimeter connected to the battery terminals you should be getting
14.2-14.8v at 4K rpm.  Less than 14.2v and you may have a problem (dirty
connections, alternator brushes, etc).  More than 14.8v and you'll need to
replace the regulator.

http://www.electrosport.com/street/street-model-products-listing-street_54000.php

For convenience, use the starter relay terminal for the Pos (+) connection
on the tester when you check the charging system.

Do you have a shop manual?