fork oil weight with stock forks?

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Sat May 10 12:57:04 PDT 2008

Thanks. I got a quart of Bel-ray 10w and a quart of 15w... I'll fill
them as close as possible with 15 and then top off with the 10.

BTW for anyone thinking of doing this who hasn't already, it's pretty
easy once you have the forks off, which actually isn't that big a deal
either. You will probably need an impact wrench to get the bottom bolt
out, and makeshift seal driver and damper holder. I borrowed mine from
Dennis Peterson (thanks!).

NOTE: be sure to seat the upper bushing/washer fully in the lower
slider BEFORE you try to seat the seals on top of them, otherwise
there won't be enough room and (if you're a moron like me) you'll have
to pull the bottom bolt out again and pull the fork apart to re-seat
the bushings properly. D'oh!! :D

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100