any tips on reinstalling fork tubes?

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Sat May 10 16:02:54 PDT 2008

I finally got my fork tubes back together (after having to
disassemble/retorque one AGAIN (for the third time) because something
was binding as I pulled and pushed the tube... whatever i did during
the reassemble fixed it. Luckily I noticed it before I filled it with
oil.

Trying 15W. Anyway, any tips for procedure on reinstalling the forks
so they're square? Order of tightening bolts, installation of axle,
wheel, do it with weight on the front wheel or not, etc. Right now the
front of the bike is supported with a stem stand (pretty cook bit of
kit).

thanks for any advice.

--
Utah Jeff